In 2015 Francesca Rendle-Short participated as writer and co-director in WrICE Vietnam, a collaborative residency in Vietnam, Hoi An and Ha Noi, followed by a reciprocal residency in Melbourne Australia. She was joined by a diverse and exciting group of writers:
- Singaporean writer Suchen Christine Lim
- Vietnamese poet Bao Chan Nguyen
- Filipina writer Jhoanna Lynn B. Cruz
- Hong Kong novelist Xu Xi
- Myanese contemporary poet Nyein Way
- Australian author Cate Kennedy
- Malaysian-Australian performance poet and author Omar Musa
- emerging student writing fellows Melody Newell, Joe Rubbo and Laura Stortenbeker, and
- David Carlin, co-director with Francesca.
What if / In the company / Of others / What if with this mustard joy / Here / At midnight / – when we can hardly breathe / We join up / Yes / We by river / We hold hands / We each / Other / Up –
From Sông Thu Bồn dreaming, by Francesca Rendle-Short, An Hoi Island, Hoi An Ancient Town
The WrICE project is supported generously by the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund.